Impossible situations are never without a solution to our all-powerful Lord.
– The Church Awakening, Charles R. Swindoll, Page 219
If we spend more time with the world than with the things of Christ, we will tend to pick up the values and patterns of worldly living.
– Temptations Men Face, Tom L. Eisenman, page 236
The difference we make in other people’s lives is not always visible, not always articulated to us, but it is real.
– Overcoming Life’s Disappointments, Harold S. Kushner, page 37
If I am to have influence, increased influence, I desire to have it for Christ, to use it for his cause; if wealth, for Christ; if more knowledge, for Christ. I speak sincerely when I say I fear prosperity”
– Execution The Discipline of Getting Things Done, Larry Bossidy and Ram Charan, page 206
Quote is from Lightning Man: The Accursed Life of Samuel F. B. Morse by Kenneth Silverman
Everyone who’s ever lived has been affected, changed, shaped, helps, or hindered by others. We all know, in our own lives, who those people are who’ve opened a window, given us an idea, given us encouragement, given us a sense of direction, self-approval, self-worth, or who have straightened us out when we were on the wrong path. Most often they have been parents. Almost as often they have been teachers.
– The American Spirit, David McCullough, page 106
Great insights don’t come from rushed thinking.
– Spiritual Leadership, Henry and Richard Blackaby, page 210